#DoSomethingNew for Dementia Awareness Week 2015
Dementia Awareness Week 2015 (DAW2015) is taking place from 17-23 May in England, Wales and Northern Ireland, and our aim is to get across to as many people as possible that life doesn’t end when dementia begins. We know so many NCS Grads are already Dementia Friends so we want you to think about what you're doing for Dementia Awareness Week and how you can get your friends and family involved in such a great cause.
During the week, Dementia Friends wil be showcasing the many ways in which we help people living with dementia to hold onto their lives and the things they love for longer, and to try new things and have new experiences too.
So, to help spread this message, during DAW2015, we’re asking you to ‘do something new’. You could:
• Volunteer as a Dementia Friends Champion
• Find a new sport or exercise to try out for the first time
• Write a letter to your MP and get dementia on their agenda
• Get a totally new hairstyle (or colour!)
• Become a Dementia Friend (if you are not already)
Whatever you choose, by doing something new, you can make a difference to the lives of people living with dementia. Don't forget to keep us up to date too!